When: 7.00pm-8.30pm, Thursday 27 January 2022
Where: Zoom (Link available after registration)
Who: Goldstein Small Business Owners & Managers
‘There will not be a sustained economic recovery without a recovery of small businesses, and at this point they are on their knees. They are an essential element of the fabric of Australia and employ millions of Australians. They are the most innovative of our businesses and the developers of new technologies in our country. Small businesses are increasingly fundamental to our overall export performance, too. In 2022, they are “the sheep’s back”.’ John Hewson, The Saturday Paper, 15 Jan 2022.
Goldstein is a thriving economic community of influential small and large business leaders, entrepreneurs and professionals across professional and creative services, science and R&D, manufacturing, digital and technology, health, education, hospitality, media, sport, the arts, real estate, and retail ready to embrace the immense business and job opportunities that a renewable climate economy presents. However, many Goldstein businesses affected by the COVID crisis also understand that without healthy people we cannot have healthy businesses, supply chains, economies, and societies.
Join Zoe Daniel, community-backed independent candidate for Goldstein, in discussion with a panel of small business owners and entrepreneurs from Goldstein where we will discuss how businesses are being impacted by the pandemic and what help they need to foster their current and future economic prosperity as we navigate this crisis.
Panel Convenor & Facilitator:
- Zoe Daniel, Independent Candidate for Goldstein, Journalist, 3 time Foreign Correspondent and former ABC Washington Bureau Chief
- Narelle Pesavento, Partner & Chartered Accountant and Jacqui Nestor, Chartered Accountant, Prosper Advisory
- Erik Zimmerman, Entrepreneur & CEO SiteTech Solutions (worksite equipment supplies)
- Tess Hinds, Clinic Director and Physiotherapist, Bayside Sports Medicine Group
- Peter Miglic, Director & Partner, Workforce Extensions (Labour Hire) & Miglic Mcleod (engineering & management consultancy firm)
- Max Shatkhin, Owner, Little Sky Gelato
- Peter Strong, former CEO, COSBOA (Council of Small Business Australia)
- Sue Barrett, Founder & CEO, Barrett Consulting Group (business consulting & education firm specialising in sales & business growth strategies & systems)