Cost of Living Support

We know that the rising cost of living is affecting many people in Goldstein. If you are experiencing financial difficulties or are worried about paying your energy bills, the information below can help you access assistance.

To seek help – please call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007.

Financial counsellors, who work in not-for-profit community organisations like Better Place Australia are experts in consumer and credit law, industry hardship processes and counselling.  Financial counselling is free, confidential, and independent. It is important to note that they do not provide ‘investment advice’ or financial advice but can be that place to turn when feeling overwhelmed with financial concerns.

If a Small Business, help is also available at the Small Business Debt Helpline on 1800 413 828. Small business financial counsellors will also give free, independent, and confidential advice.

Financial counselling website – is also a great resource for all things general around financial matters and how to get help.

bayCISS provides an extensive range of services for community members living in the Bayside and parts of Kingston (bounded by South, Warrigal

and Centre Dandenong Roads) local government areas. They also provide Utility Relief Assistance, Tax Help and Budget & Bill Assistance.

  • (03) 9555 9910
  • 12 Katoomba Street, Hampton East, VIC 3188


CIS Glen Eira provides community support and information services based in Glen Huntly. They also provide Information & Referral, Emergency relief for those in crisis, No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS) and Tax Help.

  • (03) 9571 7644
  • 1134 Glen Huntly Road, Glen Huntly, VIC 3163



Victorian households are now able to receive a new $250 payment, including any households that received a payment through previous rounds of the program. Before submitting an application for the bonus, please

read the eligibility requirements below:

  • You must be a residential energy consumer

(i.e. have a residential electricity account)

  • You must be the account holder
  • Only one payment is available per household.

To apply, click the link