Government Services & helplines

NDIS & Disability Assistance

If you need assistance with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), don’t hesitate to call their helpline at 1800 800 110.

To provide feedback or file a complaint, you can use the following links:

NDIS feedback and complaints

NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission

Centrelink Services

For Centrelink-related inquiries, please visit  or call 132 468. If you prefer to speak with someone in person, there are Centrelink Service Centres located in: 

  • Cheltenham Service Centre: 1242a Nepean Highway, Cheltenham VIC 3192
  • Oakleigh Service Centre: 88 Atherton Road, Oakleigh VIC 3166

Please include the following information in all your communication with Centrelink:

  • Full Name
  • Address
  • Contact Number
  • Centrelink Reference Number (CRN)

If you encounter any difficulty obtaining the assistance you need, please send us an email at with a brief summary of your concern, and we will get back to you promptly.


Contact Medicare here

Or to find useful information on Medicare, click here

Australian Tax Office

Contact the Australian Tax Office here or call them on this number 132 861. Should you need support for difficult times, click here 

Other Government Agencies

  • Immigration and Home Affairs: Click here for information or ring 131 881
  • Money Smart – Financial Help and Counseling: Click here for information
  • Small Business Support: Click here for information or ring 13 28 46

Financial Counsellors Australia

To seek help – please call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007.

Financial counsellors, who work in not-for-profit community organisations like Better Places are experts in consumer and credit law, industry hardship processes and counselling. Financial counselling is free, confidential, and independent. It is important to note that they do not provide ‘investment advice’ or financial advice but can be that place to turn when feeling overwhelmed with financial concerns.

If a Small Business, help is also available at the Small Business Debt Helpline on 1800 413 828. Small business financial counsellors will also give free, independent, and confidential advice.

National Debt Helpline in Victoria is operated by both Better Place and the Consumer Action Law Centre who are based in the CBD. When people call, they may get either of these agencies.

The website – Financial counselling – is also a great resource for all things General around financial matters and how to get help.

Assistance for Women

WIRE (Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Inc). – Women’s Information Free support, referrals & information on any issue for women, non-binary & gender diverse people in Victoria

WIRE is the only free generalist service in Victoria inclusive of women, non-binary and gender diverse people from all backgrounds and experiences. We can help you with any issue you’re facing, including family violence, financial abuse, housing and more. Visit their Walk-In Centre. Book a visit, call the Phone Support Line on 1300 134 130 or Reach out via Live Web Chat on or Email at

Crisis Housing

Launch Housing ph: 1800 825 955

BayCISS – Bayside Community Information & Support Service 

12 Katoomba Street, Hampton East VIC 3188  ph: 9068 9910

Salvation Army Crisis Services  

29 Grey St, St Kilda ph: 9536 7777

Eating Disorder help

Butterfly National Helpline: 1800 ED HOPE (1800 33 4673)

If you’re experiencing an eating disorder or body image concerns, or are concerned about someone you know, reach out to Butterfly’s National Helpline on 1800 ED HOPE (1800 33 4673), chat online or email Confidential and free support is available 7 days a week, 8am-midnight (AEDT).

To also find qualified eating disorder practitioners and health professionals closest to your area, search Butterfly’s Referral Database here

Other Helplines 

Community Legal Centres 1300 888 529

Lifeline 131 114

Mensline Counseling Service 1300 789 978

Open Arms Veterans and Families Support 1800 011 046

Qlife LGBTQI Peer Support 1800 184 527

Seniors Rights  1300 368 821

Women’s Legal Services (03) 8622 0600

Language Services Translating and Interpreting Services 131 450